So today I thought I would tell you all 25 facts about me so you could get to know me a little better. I've been writing this blog for almost 2 years and have only done the Get To Know Me Tag. I haven't told you much about myself. So I thought today I'd share a little more about me.
I figured that listing out 25 facts about me would be a good place to start. I didn't realize this would one of the hardest posts to write. It is really hard to think of facts about yourself. I've been writing down facts for months to make this post.
1. I'm a huge geek and nerd. I am obsessed with Doctor Who. And all things geeky really. A geeky/nerdy TV/Movie needs to be really bad for me to not like it. I also have a strong love for Legend of Zelda. Ocarina of Time on the N64 was the first video game I ever played.
I have a huge love for all video games really. Horror is my favourite, followed by fantasy. I love story games! I'm not much for FPS or multiplayer battle games.
I'm such a huge nerd that I get very bothered when people calling The Doctor "Doctor Who" and calling Link "Zelda" Learn the names of characters people!
2. I love puns! I'm a sucker for bad jokes and puns. "Dad Jokes" are my favourite.
3. I love to bake! I love cooking and baking but baking is my favourite. Cookies, cakes, any sort of dessert. I just love to bake.
4. I wear glasses as you could probably see from my photos but I never wear contacts. I hate them.
5. I'm left-handed. Thank god for computers. When I was a kid and had to write out essays and homework my hand would be black by the end. No more dragging my hand across my paper for me.
6. I can't hula hoop. My hips just don't work like that. I can, however, do it with my arms and legs.
7. I love photography! My dad got me a DSLR for my birthday 3 years ago and I fell in love with photography. Nature is my favourite subject. Flowers, trees, the moon, sunsets, sunrises, clouds, nature is my happy place. I love to just go and set somewhere, where there is no sign of humans and just soak it in.
But I also love city skylines, roads with no cars on them, bridges and beautiful old buildings. I have a huge list of things I want to photograph. I made a photography bucket list if you want to check it out.
8. I love writing! I'm always writing something. Short stories, blog post, I just love to write and the ideas are usually pouring out of my ears. I love creating worlds and painting images with words.
I am currently writing two novels. One is a murder mystery novel and the other is a novel about a post-apocalyptic world. And as I said I'm always writing short stories so maybe I could put into a collection novel one day.
9. I love random sounds like the sound of bubbles in a fish tank and the sound of tree frogs and crickets. When I was a kid I had an aunt who lived in the county and I would lay in her backyard in the summer and listen to the tree frogs and the crickets for hours.
I also really love the sounds of birds in the morning. Well, sparrows and robins and sometimes doves. Pigeons, however, can f-off.
10. I love nature. I love the feeling of soft grass. I love the smell before it rains and then right after. You can sell rain in the air before it storms and then the smell of the wet dirt after is amazing.
I love summer thunderstorms. I love the sound of pouring rain that beats on everything so loud you can hear it over your TV and the crazy loud cracks of thunder that can shake the whole house and the beautiful flashing of lightning that take up the whole sky and the beautiful bolts of lightening that crack to the ground and are gone in the blink of an eye.
11. I love Space. I loved learning about the planets as a kid and the idea of this massive universe that is too big for us to comprehend still fascinates me today.
12. I love horror. I absolutely love horror video games and I love horror movies! I also really love zombie lure. TV shows, movies, books, games, comics, I love it all!
When I watch one of the Friday the 13th films or Child's Play I always end of rooting for Jason and Chucky. I love The Walking Dead and American Horror story. I just love the adrenaline rush from watching scary movies and TV.
13. I love to read. I hated reading as a kid. I have dyslexia and sometimes words go in a jumble make it very difficult to read. It was a lot worst when I was a kid since I never wanted to read I couldn't improve my reading ability. In the 5th grade, I had an amazing English teacher who helped me discover a love for reading and writing.
Now I love that there an infinite number of universes waiting behind every cover to be discovered. I love reading murder mysteries, YA post-apocalyptic/dystopian, and Sci-Fi fantasy. I also really love comics and manga.
So of my fave, all-time books are The Harry Potter Series and The Hunger Games series.
14. I tap. Yes, I am one of those annoying people. I tap on desks, my legs, any hard surface I can really. I don't even realize I'm doing it most of the time. I also tap pencils and pens back and forth on my notebooks and I even tap on the back of books when I reading.
15. I love hockey! About 7 years ago my sister introduced me to the world of hockey and I've loved it ever since. I am dying to go to a game so badly that go to an NHL game is on my bucket list. And if you are wondering my team is the Pittsburgh Penguins.
16. I love YouTube! I love watching YouTube videos! I probably watch YouTubers more that I watch TV. There are so many different kinds of channels out there, there is something for everyone. I really enjoy watching Daniel Howell and AmazingPhil. They are really nice guys with a kind audience and they make pretty fun content. Other than Dan and Phil gaming content is my favourite. Gaming Channels I really enjoy watching are Markiplier, jacksepticeye, DanAndPhilGAMES (Dan & Phil's Gaming Channel), CaptainSparkez, and DanTDM.
Some other non-gaming channels I love are Grace Helbig, Good Mythical Morning, Rosanna Pansino, Shane, Just Duncan, PDRさん, Memei, MEMEI LAND and ThreadBanger.
(Edit from 2020 me: this list has changed quite a bit. A more updated idea of what I watch is in my A-Z of YouTubers post)
17. I collect snow globes and postcards. I also collect vintage and antique cameras. And I used to collect stamps.
Every time I go somewhere new I try to find a snow globe themed around the place and a postcard. I collect seasonal snow globes too I just really love them!
18. I have a rather large coffee mug collection. I love buying ones with new designs and colours.
19. I like almost every genre of music. I have over 800 songs in my library. Subscribing to YouTube Red was the best decision ever as not only do I have ad-free YT I got a subscription to Google Play Music as well. It just like Spotify. I can download any song I want as long as I have the subscription.
20. I love Christmas. Probably a little too much. I start singing Christmas songs in March. I might make it June if I'm lucky. I love the decor and lights. Christmas is just the best! I also really love Halloween.
22. I'm a cat person. I'm allergic to dogs but I'm also not a big fan of them. I like them an all but I don't want a dog of my own. They are too loud and always in your face and they are very messy. They are nice to hang out with like an afternoon just not all the time.
Cats can meow as hard as they can and barely make any noise and if you keep food and water out for them you might not see them for days as they will be hidden in the house somewhere enjoying a cosy blanket. Plus you have to take a dog out and take them for walks, you can teach a cat to go in the toilet.
23. I love plaid. I have so many plaid button-ups. I just love them!
24. I love hot food. I've been eating foods with hot sauce since I was about 5. I love hot sauce I put it on everything. The hotter the better. I love hot sauce. I don't care how hot it is as long as it tastes good. For instance, I hate the taste of Tabasco peppers so I can't stand Tabasco sauce.
25. I am very clumsy. I trip over thin air, fall over when standing still and fall out of chairs. I always have bruises but I can never remember where I got them, probably from smacking my leg off of a coffee table or my arm off a door. I once hit my wrist on a doorknob because I wasn't paying attention to how close I was to the door.
Well, that was 25 facts about me. It was really hard to come up with 25 facts. If you are a blogger you should try this post! Your readers will get to know more about you and you'll get to write that hardest post in your life! Haha.
Did any of my facts make you say "Me too!" or were they all just weird? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below.
Photo Credit: taken by me with a Canon T5 Rebel with an 18-55mm lens.